Hi Admin, My name is Tolu. I am 18years old. I have this guy who is all over but I am scared and not sure if he really loves me. I have had a bad relationship in the past and I don’t want to be a victim of another. How do I know if he really loves me? Please I need your opinion on this.
Knowing if he loves you can truly be difficult especially if its your first relationship. I understand your fear and I can relate with that because I’ve all been there. New relationships can be hard to maintain from the onset; there is fear, excitement, agitation ….. lots of mixed emotions and above all relationships can be super exciting and fun too. Here are 8 signs that can help you know if he truly loves you.
- His genuine interest in you – He wants to know everything about you, not just on the surface but deep things about you. He will involve himself in all you do, if he wants to know your fears, your secrets, your aspirations and dreams, then he truly loves you.
- He Opens Up to you – Emotional intimacy isn’t easy for anyone so if he’s uncovering as much secrets with you and he’s telling you a lot about his past without shame, it’s not because he likes hearing himself talk about those issues …. alright, no it’s because he is in love with you.
- He Compromises – It’s simple: when he loves you, he wants to keep you happy. This doesn’t mean he will always let you get your way, but it does mean he’ll be eager to reach a middle ground with you where both of you are happy and sometimes he can allow you make a decision, e.g. where to take lunch, what to eat e.t.c.
- He makes you his number 1 (priority) – He makes time out of his busy schedule of friends, school and home work to see you. If he makes you an essential part of his day-to-day life, and involves you in his plans, that’s a pretty good sign that he’s feeling some love for you. Taking time out of each day to catch up with you, planning weekly dates and being attentive to your needs are all signs that you’re becoming a priority in his life.
- He listens to you – Whenever you are enthusiastically talking about your issues, he listens eagerly and with keen interest even when he has other pressing things to do. Look, any guy can pretend to listen about your day and the things you’ve done, but when a guy loves you he’ll actually LISTEN. Why? Because he wants to!
- He introduces you to his friends – If he is not ashamed or scared to show you off to his friends and family, then he loves you. He knows that no matter what they think, they are going to see how happy he is with you.
- He asks for your help – Whether he wants your input on a matter or asks you to tag along and help him pick out a birthday present for his mom or sis, he’s asking for your opinion because he respects you and cares what you think, this is a sure sign he’s smitten.
- Finally, He isn’t ashamed to say it – If he isn’t ashamed to declare his love for you openly and says it all the time with sincerity and genuineness, it means you’ve found yourself a wonderful guy.
For counseling and advice with our mentors, Send your stories to us at email@example.com.