True love waits. If a boy truly loves you, he will want the best for you. He will want to experience love with you only in the very best place of all – the love nest of marriage. Having sex is something that other people can try to pressure us into when we don’t want to. “The pressure on teenagers to have sex these days is enormous,” … One way of helping them resist these pressures is to anticipate them and discuss them.
- Sex is a powerful force that can destroy if not utilised properly. Like atomic power, sex is the most powerful creative force given to man. When atomic power is used correctly it can create boundless energy; when it is used in the wrong way it destroys life. Sex is the same kind of powerful force. Sex is a gift from God to give us the greatest pleasure, to help in creating a deep companionship with one’s spouse and for procreation of the next generation. But if you play with this powerful force outside the bounds of marriage, it destroys you and those close to you.
- If you engage in premarital sex, you run the risk of contracting venereal diseases. Many venereal diseases such as gonorrhea, AIDS, syphilis are contracted today through sexual intercourse, some of which have no cure.
- Your Priority. At this stage, your priority as a teenager should be your academics, career and school in general. Sex is a distraction that can make you lose your focus and it can also hinder you from achieving your set goals.
- Virginity is to be given to your future partner. Your virginity is the most precious thing you have to give to your spouse so why allow your boyfriend pressure you into losing it now. It should only be given out in marriage not before.
- Teenage Pregnancy. Teenagers who have sex at such a young age are at the risk of getting pregnant. In the course of this, such a person loses lots of things, e.g she drops out of school, you lose your friends, her life goals and career might be terminated. How on earth will a child take care of a child, imagine a pregnant 16year old who can barely take care of herself, how much more the new life growing inside of her.
- Shame and Depression. Any teenager who gets pregnant as a result of sexual activity will definitely be ashamed. Your friends might tease or mock you and this can lead to depression. You become a burden to your parents as they have to take care of you and the baby. Stressful isn’t it? I am sure you won’t want your parents to have to go through such.
- Intimate activity for young people arrests their psychological, social and academic development. Studies show that when young people engage in premarital sex, their academic performance declines and their social relationships with family and friends deteriorate. This is because adolescents are too immature to deal with the explosive sex drive and it tends to dominate their life.
- Premarital sex breaks the 10 Commandments given by God. The 10 Commandments are given to man by God. They are not outdated and they are not restrictive. If we follow these laws, we can create happy and prosperous lives. If we don’t follow them, we will pay a heavy price in divorce, disease, abortions, illegitimate children and loneliness.
- Premarital sex runs the risk of conceiving illegitimate children. Numerous scientific studies show that the children of single mothers suffer psychologically and are less successful socially and academically than children from intact families. Above all, children need both their father and mother. It is wrong to risk having children who will never have their father’s love, protection and care.
- Sex isn’t love and you can get addicted. If you continue to yield to the pressure of sex in every of your relationship, you will end up being an addict. Addiction is dangerous and can destroy so stay away from sex today.
My advice, ‘If you are in a relationship and he is pressuring you to have sex, break off that relationship now. Such a person doesn’t want the best for you. Think about the consequences of sex and stay away from it’.
For counseling and advice, send your request to email@example.com