Less than 24 hours after the Boko Haram terrorists bombed the Nyanya bus terminus in Abuja, killing more than 100 innocent Nigerians, some unidentified gunmen suspected to be members of the terrorist organisation again abducted more than 100 female students from a Government Girls Secondary School, GGSS, in Borno State.

The students were abducted in the school located at Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State, after killing a security personnel suspected to be a soldier.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, DSP Gideon Jubrin confirmed the attack in Chibok, but said, he was yet to get details on the number of casualties.

The incident occurred at the council headquarters where the students were preparing to write the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations, SSCE now going on across the country.

Vanguard sources said that the gunmen numbering over 100 using motorcycles and Toyota Hilux vans stormed the council’s headquarters at about 9pm, and operated till 3am, yesterday.

“Apart from the abduction of the female students, the gunmen also carted away foodstuff, before setting many residential buildings  and shops ablaze,” the sources added.

A resident of Chibok who escaped the attack, Mr. Nuhu Amos told Vanguard in a telephone interview that, “ the gunmen armed with AK47 rifles, Improvised Explosive Devices,  IED’s, and petrol bombs stormed Chibok on Monday evening and attacked one of the security posts and shot one security personnel, before abducting more than 100 female students, as well as setting some houses and shops ablaze within the vicinity.

“Although, the attackers did not kill any resident, they only shot one security operative, before carting away foodstuff and escaping into the Sambisa Forest.

“I also learnt that out of about 250 female students writing their SSCE, some were able to escape into the bush, while more than 100 were abducted by the attackers using a 911 truck/lorry that was abandoned by its driver who was heading to Maiduguri, the state capital.

“Prior to this incident, gunmen had attempted to attack Chibok on three occasions without success, but this time around, they were able to accomplish their mission, as they were in Chibok from 9pm till about 3am on Tuesday.”

Another resident who spoke on the condition of anonymity also said: “Seven of my children including those of my elder brother and sister who are writing the SSCE in the affected school are still missing, and I don’t know whether they were abducted or among those who escaped into the bush.”

However, the PPRO who spoke on the issue said: “Yes, there was an attack in Chibok, yesterday evening by suspected members of Boko Haram terrorists, but we are yet to get details. As soon as details of the attack reach my table, I will get back to you.”