The Islamic Republic of Pakistan is a country located in South Asia. It is bordered by Afghanistan and Iran to the west, India to the east, Arabian Sea and Gulf of Oman to the south, and China to the northeast. It lies adjacent to Tajikistan but it separated by Wakhan Corridor. Pakistan shares its marine border with Oman.
Fast Facts about Pakistan
1. The name Pakistan, Pak (pure) and stan (land) means ‘land of the pure’ in the Persian and Urdu languages.
2. Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan, however as of 2013 it was only the 9th largest city in the country with just over 1 million people.
Also Read: Interesting Country Facts (Libya)
3. World’s youngest certified Microsoft Experts Arfa Kareem and Babar Iqbal are from Pakistan.
4. Pakistan has the sixth-largest population in the world, exceeded only by China, India, the United States of America, Indonesia and Brazil.
5. The national language of Pakistan is Urdu, although the official language is English. Other languages spoken include Saraiki,Punjabi, Pushto, Sindhi and Balochi.
6. The official currency of Pakistan is the Pakistani rupee.
7. Cricket is the most popular sport in Pakistan.
8. Islam is the state religion of Pakistan. It is home to the second-largest Shia population in the world. Approximately 97% of the population is Muslim. The remaining population are Parsis, Buddhists, Bahais and Animists.
Also Read: Interesting Country Facts (Japan)
9. The national drink of Pakistan is Sugarcane juice, called “roh” the juice is usually only sold by roadside vendors throughout the country.
10. Pakistan became independent in from the British Indian Empire in 1947.
Leave A Comment