Being a student is both rewarding and challenging. The rewarding part of being a student is in the achieving of academic excellence. While the challenging part has to do with the choices you make to develop the capabilities to achieving academic excellence. And these choices can make or break the rewards (of academic success that endures) you seek to achieve as a student.
Here are 10 Ways to Become a Highly Capable Student and Achieve Academic Excellence:
1. Start studying early. As a student, you need to start your study early on and keep at it on a daily basis. This will enable you to be ready as well as make it in your studies.
2. Participate in school activities. Every school has their own extra curricula activities. You need to participate in any of the activities your school engage in. This will help build certain knowledge and skills needed to succeed, not only in school but outside school as well.
3. Be and build smart friends. There is nothing better than having a friend. Not just any friend, but a smart friend. A friend who will add value to you and support you in achieving academic excellence. Make sure you are making the RIGHT friends along your academic journey.
4. Put effort in getting good grades. I believe you can get good grades and if you believe in yourself. But mind you, believing only will not get you those grades. You need to put in DAILY efforts in getting them. And these efforts are what am sharing with you here as well as other tips I will be sharing with you on this platform. So make sure you put efforts and act on these tips to get good grades.
5. Reduce your personal time waster. You’ve got to reduce your time on things that does not enable you become productive as a student. Most times, we spend too much time watching tv, playing games, 2going or facebooking, etc. I know you need time to relax, but you also need to cut back on these activities so that you can be able to focus and succeed in your academics.
6. Do your homework and get over it. Once you are given homework, do it and get over with it. As simple as that! And remember, most questions for your exams are likely to be picked from all the homework you are asked to do. Therefore, don’t ever neglect doing your homework.
7. Play games to learn. Games are great teaching and learning tools. I love playing games. In fact, I’m a true fan of computer adventure or strategy games. But the games am referring to or talking about, are board games. These include, scrabble, chess, monopoly, word puzzle, etc. Lay your hands on these games and don’t play only for fun, play to learn!
8. Review your test papers. It is advisable to always review your test papers after every test. This will help you to find out the questions you got wrong and make corrections. You know, this is another area your exam questions might come from. So always review your test papers. Always!
9. Work hard to get better knowledge. Understand this: you are not only in school to get good grades alone. You are also in school to acquire knowledge. Knowledge they say, is power! So make sure you are working hard to acquire knowledge that will enable you succeed not only in school but also, after school.
10. Renew yourself regularly. Do you always feel stressed-out, imbalanced or empty inside? If you do, then you need to take time to replenish yourself. Meaning, you need to regularly renew and strengthen the four key areas of your life—your body by exercising or eating healthy food; your mind by reading, writing; your heart by building relationships, laughing; and your soul by praying, mediating, keeping a journal. By renwing yourself regularly, you will be better to deal with school matters.
What choices are you making to become a highly capable student and achieve academic excellence? Or do you have any question(s), I want to hear from you.
Ifeanyi Okolo is a motivational teacher, a blogger and an educationist. He creates and delivers concise Sustainable Success teachings and tips with the purpose of helping young people develop their potentials and improve performance capabilities at school and in life. Need to get in touch? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Call: 08034599017 / Web: www.pass4life.com