Selena Gomez is an American actress and singer. Who appeared as a child in the children’s television series Barney & Friends, Gomez rose to fame as the leading role in the Disney channel series Wizards of Waverly Place (2007–2012). Due to the success of the series, Gomez worked on various films, television shows, and musical collaborations for the network in the following years. She signed a recording contract with Hollywood Records in 2008, and subsequently formed her band Selena Gomez & the Scene the following year. The band released three studio albums by 2011, each of which sold over one million copies worldwide.
12 Things You Probably Didn’t Know about Selena Gomez
1. Selena’s full name is Selena Marie Gomez.
2. She is an only child and was born in Grand Prairie. Texas on July 22, 1992.
3. Gomez was named after Selena, the famous Tejano singer who died three years after she was born.
4. In October 2008, Gomez launched her own production company, July Moon Productions, and partnered with XYZ Films.
5. Her feature on Forever the Sickest Kids’ song “Woah Oh! (Me vs. Everyone)” in 2009 was her musical debut.
6. She earned a high school diploma through homeschooling in May 2010.
7. In 2009, Gomez actually became the youngest UNICEF Ambassador in the history of the organization.
8. Selena’s clothing line “Dream Out Loud” launched on July 15, 2010.
9. She won the MTV Video Music Award in the category Best Pop Video for “Come and Get It” in 2013.
10. She has worked with the charity called ‘Raise Hope for Congo’ which helps raise awareness about the violence against Congolese women.
11. Gomez is good friends with fellow pop singer Taylor Swift.
12. Selena Gomez protects her voice by drinking olive oil.