Christian Religious Knowledge JSS1
RELATIONSHIP IN THE COMMUNITY AND CHURCH
Bible Reference: Matthew 25:31-46
Prayer: Oh Lord, Teach me to love others as you have loved me
A Relationship is a strong, deep, or close association or acquaintance between two or more people that may range in duration from brief to enduring. This association may be based on inference, love, solidarity, regular business interactions, or some other type of social commitment. In this context, we are talking about relationship with reference to the church and our community. It is certain that no community can line together successfully except they agree.
Maintaining Good Relationship in The Community.
Some steps are needed to be taken in order to maintain good relationship in the community. They are:
- Identification of Community Leaders: The name of the community leaders must be known and their addresses. If there are problems in the community, we know where to go and whom to contact.
- Respect for Elders and Leaders: The Bible tell us to give respect to whom respect is due and honour to whom is due, pay all of them their dues, taxes to whom taxes is due respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due. Roman 13:7.
- Obeying the Law of the Land: As a good Christian student, we must not go against the law and regulations given by the school authority or community, we must observe and obey them all.
- Participating in Community Development Programs: The community belongs to all people living there. For us to show good example, we must fully participate in all the programs designed to develop the community.
- Caring for the Needy: A Good Christian student should joyfully participate in taking care of the less privileged and needy in the community. God will be happy with us when we do this.
- Religious Tolerance: The Christian student is the light and salt of the earth. We should promote Peace, Harmony, Co-existence and tolerance through our character. Therefore we must tolerate others including non Christians in the community.
GOOD RELATIONSHIP IN THE CHURCH
Bible Reference: Roman 12:12, Roman 13:1 – 17, 1 Peters 3:8 – 13
Love is the greatest instrument of good relationship. As a Christian student, we must demonstrate genuine love to brothers and sisters both Christians and non – Christians alike. Always eager and willing to help other people. Do not join others to persecute, let the word of peace and comfort be heard from you always. It is good to contribute generously to the need of the saints. Let the world see us as good Christian students that are worthy to be emulated because our good character can lead people to the kingdom of God. It is expected of us to show our sympathy when someone is hurt or injured. Live in harmony with one another, do not be haughty but associate with the lowly. Roman 12:16
MAINTAINING GOOD RELATIONSHIP IN THE CHURCH
Christians must maintain peace in the church and outside the church. Also, we should endeavor to maintain Peace and Harmony with the constituted Authorities. Have respect for the people in authority. It is an abomination for any Christian student to be going against the school rules and regulations willfully. God sees such undesirable act as offences against him and not people in authority. “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities for there is no authority except from God. And those that exist have seen instituted by God (Roman 13: 1).
For more class notes, visit: https://passnownow.com/classwork-support/