Home Economics JSS1
Topic: FAMILY CONFLICTS
What is Conflict?
Ways of Resolving Conflicts
A. WHAT IS CONFLICT?
A conflict is a struggle between two or more people who disagree. A family conflict is a struggle between two or more family members who disagree over issues.
CAUSES OF CONFLICTS IN FAMILIES
- Situational Causes: Any situation that dissatisfies people can cause conflict
- Personality Difference: Different behavioral pattern can bring about conflicts in the family
- Power Struggle: Conflicts can occur when people feel a need to be in control. Power is the ability to influence another person.
NEGATIVE RESULTS OF CONFLICTS
- Negative emotions arise such as anger, fear e.t.c
- People who are often angry may become ill
- People may say things they do not mean
- Relationships suffer
- Violence may occur
B. WAYS OF RESOLVING CONFLICTS
Conflict resolution is a process that occur in five stage
- Becoming aware of the conflict or problem
- Setting limits
- Arguing stage
- Negotiating and compromise
- Following up
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- Use words, not fists
- Take a decision to resolute the conflict peacefully
- When you talk, take turns i.e every person must be given the chance to talk
- Show respect to the other person and control your voice
- Speak the truth
For more notes, visit: https://passnownow.com/classwork-support/