Being able to save money in school as a student is an entire skill in itself. Have you ever wondered how once you spend out of the N1000 on you, at the end of the day you are left with N100? We have all been there and this article is here to help you make wiser money decisions
- Prepare your own food: Or better still “there is rice at home”. When the overall spending is taken into consideration, the money spent on food will most likely take the largest portion, because we actually have to eat but you don’t have to eat out every meal time, it is not a good habit. Wake up early and eat before leaving home in the morning, cook once in a while and watch your money last longer.
- Take Advantage of your student id: After leaving school, you will realize how amazing having a student ID can be, so start enjoying it now. There are always amazing student discounts at events, sales or even at movie theaters. You can get discounts as high as 75% or ‘free for students’, just make sure you don’t leave your house without your ID.
- Don’t overpay for transport: You shouldn’t have to spend too much on transport. You are a student, and you don’t have to take Uber every time you’re going out. Leaving home early is also another way to get cheaper bus fares
- Pay your bills on time: No, don’t pay half of your school-fees and use the remaining half in the hopes that you will be able get it back in time before deadline. Make sure you pay your bills immediately they come up.
- Keep track of your spending: Finally, make sure you know how much exactly you are spending monthly, set a target of how much you intend to spend in a month, stick to it and once you are getting near to this target, you will realize how well you can manage your funds.