Passnownow

Rated 4.8/5 by parents & students

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ali Hanifah
      Participant

If you are a prospective student of a school, there are some crucial things you need to know about the school such as, how the aggregate mark is calculated, when the post UTME form will be out, likely questions to be asked in the post UTME test, cut off marks for your course and so on.

This is for all UNILAG aspirants. I want to tell you how the aggregate score is calculated, it’s a little bit tricky, but i have examples to help you figure it out. The UTME total mark is 400 and also the post UTME total mark is 40. To get your aggregate, your utme score is divided by 8 and then your post UTME score is multiplied by 1.25. This is an example:

If your UTME score is 254, you have to divide your score by 8 to get your score over 50. I.e 254/8 = 31.75, meaning you scored 31.75/50 in your UTME. After you’ve written the post UTME what you got over the total mark which is 40, should be multiplied by 1.25 so as to get your score over 50. For example, if one gets 30/40 in the post UTME, the person should multiply his score by 1.25 to get his/ her score over 50, therefore if the person got 30, his score over 50 is 30*1.5=37.5 which means the person got 31.75 in his utme and 37.5 in his post utme, the addition of both scores would give you your aggregate. The person’s aggregate over 100 is 31.75+37.5=69.25% which is his/her score. I hope you now know how to calculate your aggregate.

ID O
      Participant

Pls I have a question,do u have any idea abt d cut off mark for economics in unilag? I ll really appreciate it if I can get a reply soon. Tnks.

Ali Hanifah
      Participant

Currently, Unilag is still in its first semesters for 2014/2015 academic session and the first semester exams comes up around may/June so the cut off mark is not out yet ………….It will either be 180 or 200 anyways.

OSOGIESE OSEREMHEN
        Participant

Please I will like to know the cut off mark for mass communications in unilag. Thanks

Ali Hanifah
      Participant

I am sure many of you Unilag aspirants are wondering – what subjects are we writing in our post utme? Is it tough? How does it look
      like? Well, here are the answers to the intelligent questions you’ve been asking.

I. The Mathematics contains 50% further mathematics, and 50% pure mathematics, but note, no calculus is involved, by calculus I mean no integration or differentiation. You could see expansion, simplify or prove that…polynomials. Then your statistics like mean, median, range, mode, etc. For normal maths and do not forget probability and your indices is also important.

II. As for your English language, do not be scared, there is no comprehension because of the little time. Just practice your concord, normal lexis (fill in the gap), Little Oral english, antonyms and synonyms.

III. For your general paper, just know things about unilag like the present vice chancellor’s name, the former v.c’s name, the year the institution was established or founded. Also learn about this years presidential election. Just listen to news at this period. If you are a lover of cartoons and movies, you better start being a lover of world news and local Nigerian news. Also visit http://www.generalworldknowledge.com for general knowledge like the longest river, the highest mountain and so on……….

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top