Learning to manage your time effectively is an important skill in life. The perfect time to study is different for everyone. As long as you are consistent in your schedule, your brain and body will get used to studying at the same time every day. It’s important to pick a good location without distractions or excess noise. It is advisable to try experimenting with different times then observe and analyze which time is best for you. Repeat it 4–5 times and then analyze the results. Another important thing is that it completely depends on your mood, the subject and topic you intend studying. Boring topics can’t be read late at night so mornings are preferable, though this depends on the individual involved. Studying with utmost concentration depends upon the surroundings or the environment in which you are studying.
It is important to note that both study times have their advantages.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING DURING THE DAY
- After getting quality sleep during the night, you will be able to concentrate well and complete task efficiently.
- You gain easy access to libraries or bookshops for materials that you will find useful in the course of your learning.
- It is easier to learn with your friends and from your teachers.
- Artificial lights can cause harm to the eyes and also disrupt your sleep cycle but studying during the day gives you access to natural light.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING DURING THE NIGHT
- There is less noise at night which makes it easier to concentrate on your work.
- If you can access a library that opens at night, you might find it completely empty. Talk about peace.
- Less distractions as there would be no friends visiting, no phone calls and no partner to chat with.
- Studying at night gives you a clearer mind which will help you think differently and creatively.
If you find it easier to study at night, here are some tips that will help you make the most of your time.
WAYS TO IMPROVE NIGHT TIME STUDYING
- MAKE IT A REGULAR THING
If you decide to study at night, stick with it as you would do when studying during the day. The human body love routines, which means your performance will improve too. If you don’t, you will mess up your sleep cycle.
- GET ENOUGH SLEEP
Since you intend studying at night, make sure you get enough sleep during the day. It might seem like you have a whole day ahead of you after you’re done studying, but that’s the time you should use to get some rest.
- NEVER STUDY IN THE DARK
Just because you study at night doesn’t mean you need to do it in the dark. Not only is it bad for your eyes, it will affect the quality of your studying.
- DRAW A TIMETABLE
Most people lose track of time during the night, especially when they concentrate fully on what they are studying, which is why you should break yours into segments. Take short breaks after every 45 minutes, just so you can keep up your concentration. Drink plenty of fluids too.
- CHOOSE A SOUNDTRACK
Since studying at night will spark your creativity, you can help that process by introducing music, but that is only if it won’t cause any form of distraction.
Whether you study during the day or at night, what matters most is how much you learn. Whatever your choice of study is, make sure you develop a good routine and stick with it.
Original post can be found here