1. She was born Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye, in April 1988 in Lagos, and studied Mass Communications at Covenant University, Ota
2. She wrote her first song at age 10. She started singing and dancing as a member of Daystar Christian Centre’s Teenage Church choir by the time she was 16.
3. She started her music career as a gospel artiste, and launched her debut album in 2008, which was produced by Samklef. Included on the album where songs like Ara Ile, Ogaju, and Iya Temi. In 2011, she met the talented producer/songwriter, Oscar Heman-Ackah and they both connected musically.
4. However, it wasn’t until 2013 that she officially signed a production contract with Oscar Music Production. This would mark the commencement of the nurturing and creation of a fresh sound, style and music artistry for her brand.
5. Musically, she gets inspired by life experiences – herself and/or others, ensuring at all times that her songs are interesting and something people can relate with. In 2014, while still with her former record label, she became officially signed to X3M Music, the Lagos-based record label that also has on its label, R&B sensation Praiz.
6. Upon getting signed to X3M Music, Simi went on to release Tiff and E no go good. E No Go Good is a contemporary pop club jam infused with local drums and congas. Tiff was her most successful single of 2014 as it was already enjoying a lot of air-play on radio stations as well as massive online downloads and streams just weeks after release.
7. Both songs got her award nominations in 2014, as well as in the Most Promising Acts To Watch category at The 10th edition of the Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2015. She is also listed as one of the top female artistes in the music industry at the current moment.
8. After the successful release of her last singles, Simi released a follow-up single titled Jamb Question. It was produced by Oscar Herman-Ackah, and was later remixed by rapper, Falz Tha Bad Guy to the admiration and acceptance of many.
9. She lists hard work and persistence as attributes that have contributed to the success she currently enjoys in her career in the Nigerian music industry.
10. She is rumoured to be in a relationship with fellow artist Adekunle Gold, a claim that has not been confirmed by either of them.
She is really beautiful, but is not getting any younger wow she is 28 years old. Adekunle Gold do somethings