1) ____________ controls the way in which the computer system functions and provides a means by which users can interact with the computer.
2) The difference between people with access to computers and the Internet and those without this access is known as the:
3) Servers are computers that provide resources to other computers connected to a:
4) Word processing, spreadsheet, and photo-editing are examples of:
5) A ____________ is approximately one billion bytes.
6) All of the following are examples of input devices EXCEPT a:
7) Computers use the ____________ language to process data.
8) In the binary language each letter of the alphabet, each number and each special character is made up of a unique combination of:
9) ____________ is data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful way.
10) All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks EXCEPT:
11) Which of the following is an input device?
12) The set of instructions that tells the computer what to do is
13) Which of the following stores more data?
14) —- is the heart of the computer and this is where all the computing is done.
15) One byte is equivalent to
16) To move forward through the tabs
17) Personal computers can be connected together to form a
18) Choose the smallest memory size
19) The steps and tasks needed to process data, such as responses to questions or clicking an icon, are called:
20) The operating system is the most common type of ____________ software.
21) The ability to recover and read deleted or damaged files from a criminals computer is an example of a law enforcement specialty called:
22) The base of the hexadecimal number system is
23) Computer software includes
24) The Operating System Manages
25) Allocation of a resources in a time dependent manner to several program simultaneously called
26) Data that are accumulated and processed in group called
27) Multiprocessing supports more then one_____ at the same time
28) Which of the following are true about firewalls?
29) What are the four things needed to connect to the Internet?
30) 1024 bytes equals:
31) What is e-commerce?
32) The process of transferring files from a computer on the Internet to your computer is called
33) A person who uses his expertise to gain access to other people’s computers to get information illegally or to cause damage is a
34) What is the commonly used unit for measuring the sped of data transmission?
35) ‘Blue tooth’ technology allows
36) All of the following statements concerning files are true EXCEPT:
37) All of the following statements concerning windows are true EXCEPT:
38) Verification of a login name and password is known as:
39) ____________ is the ability of an operating system to control the activities of multiple programs at the same time.
40) The operating system does all of the following EXCEPT:
41) The term ‘Pentium’ is related to
42) Which of the following is a valid IP address?
43) ‘LAN’ means
45) What is the shortcut key of printing a document for computer having windows?
46) What does HTTP stands for?
47) Which of the following is a correct format of Email address?
48) A Web site’s main page is called
49) The basic unit of a worksheet into which you enter data in Excel is called a
50) Which of the following is an example of a binary number?
nice, this gives a forearm to generating questions for my students