Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon (born 6 December 1993), better known by his stage name Reekado Banks, is a singer, rapper and songwriter signed to the popular Mavin Records. He went by the stage name Spicy prior to his record deal with the Don Jazzy’s Mavin Record. As a famous young Nigerian artiste, Reekado Banks has worked with the cream of the Nigerian music industry including Don Jazzy, Illbliss, Tiwa Savage, Olamide, Korede Bello, Di’Ja and Wale.
Ten Things You Didn’t Know about Him
1. Reekado Banks hails from Ondo State.
2. Reekado Banks is the last child from a musical family. His father used to sing and his mother used to dance. Moreover, his elder brother is a producer and his elder sister is a gospel singer. He grew up in a disciplinarian setting due to both of his parents being pastors.
3. Reekado Banks graduated secondary school at the age of 14.
4. In 2014, Reekado Banks graduated from the University of Lagos with a degree in History and Strategic Study.
5. His record deal with Mavin Records came as a result of his brother submitting some of his songs to the label in an online talent search. Reekado Banks got signed to Mavin Records after his entry was selected from over 5000 entries.
6. Reekado Banks premiered the single “Turn It Up” on 21 February 2014, which was same day he got signed to Mavin Records; the song features Tiwa Savage and was released as his first official single under Mavin Records.
7. Reekado Banks has also worked with his label mates to release the collaborative singles “Adaobi”, “Arise”, Dorobucci, and “Looku Looku”.
8. Reekado Banks was declared the Rookie of the Year at The Headies 2014.
9. Reekado Banks has cited Don Jazzy, 2face Idibia, DJ Jimmy Jatt, Olamide and M.I as his key musical inspirations.
10. Reekado banks derived the stage name Reekado Banks by combining the meanings of the two names; the former part of his stage name translates to “strong ruler”, while the latter part loosely translates to “wealth”.