Generation of Computer
- First Generation: The first generations of computer were developed between 1939-1945. The major component of this generation of computer was vacuum tubes. These computers were very heavy in size, they generate lots of heats and noise, and they are very slow in speed less reliable and efficient.
- Second Generation of Computer: The second generations of computers were developed between 1955-1964. The major component of this computer was transistors. They were not as big as first generation of computer. They generate less energy and noise, they work faster, and they are more reliable and more efficient.
- Third Generation Of Computer: The third generation of computer was developed between 1964-1971. The major component of this computer was integrated circuits. These computers are smaller in size and they generate less energy and noise. They are relatively fast in speed and are relatively more reliable and more efficient.
- Fourth Generation Of Computer: The forth generation of computer were developed between 1971-1780. The major component of this computer were larges scale integrated circuits (L.S.I.C) they are smaller in size and work very fast. They are highly reliable and generate lesser heat.
- Fifth Generation Of Computer: The fifth generations of computers were d\developed between 1980- till date. The major component this computer is Ultra large scale integrated circuit Microchip. These computers can perform many functions such ass diagnosing diseases, locating mineral deposits e.t.c. This generation of computer exhibits a kind of artificial intelligence.
For more notes;see: https://passnownow.com/classwork-support/