Home Economics JSS1
Topic: DECISION MAKING
- Decision Making
- Factors that Influence Decision Making
A. DECISION MAKING
Decision making is the act of making a choice from alternative causes of action. It can only take place where there are two things to choose from when you are faced with only one course of action there will be no decision making.
STEPS IN DECISION MAKING
- Identify the decision to be made
- List the alternatives
- Choose the best alternative
- Act on your decision
- Evaluate your decision
B. FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE DECISION MAKING
Your decisions are influenced by many factors such as:
- Needs and want
SIMPLE PERSONAL DECISION
Making good decisions can prevent one from making mistakes in life. Some personal decisions can have a greater effect on our individual lives than others do. Below are some of the personal decisions that are very essential in our individual lives.
- Food related decisions: Food is very essential in our day to day activities, some decisions relating to food issues are; the food to eat at a particular time, when to eat the food, how to eat, what should I eat e.t.c
- Clothing related decisions: It relates to clothing of every individual in a home. It has to do with what design to buy or wear, shoes to wear, hairdo to make and other accessories that will suit the wearer.
- Housing related decisions: This includes the type of house to own, household article to buy, the size of the house e.t.c
- Choice of friends: i.e Selecting people to relate and move with.
- Educational decisions: It has to do with one’s educational background i.e school to attend, books to read, what to become in life, the institutions to go to e.t.c
For more notes, visit: https://passnownow.com/classwork-support/