Business Studies JSS2
Topic: The Right Attitude to Work
- Meaning of attitude
- Attribute of right attitude to work
- Consequences of a negative attitude to work
A. What Is Attitude?
Attitude involves feelings, values, beliefs and disposition that make individuals to act or behave in a certain way.
The right attitude to work is the ability to carry our working duties with the appropriate mind and working towards the growth of the organization
B. Attributes of right attitude to work
- Hard work
C. Rewards of a right attitude to work
- It brings success
- It brings respect
- It brings happiness
- It enhances good relationship among workers
Negative attitude to work: It is the opposite of right attitude to work. It is a means of showing wrong disposition to work.
D. Consequences of negative attitude to work
- Low productivity
Meaning of punctuality and regularity
Punctuality is the quality of being prompt, precise or exact. It is the quality of doing things in an arranged and correct time. It is the direct of lateness. A person shows punctuality by arriving for a meeting on time arriving a few minutes early is acceptable but you must be there at a particular fixed time.
Regularity is the fact that something is well arranged in an organized pattern Regularity is something that occurs, or is done within a given time frame. A regular customer may come into a restaurant daily but not at a fixed time more than every day.
Attributes of Punctuality and regularity
- Interest: it is the feeling that you have when you want to know or learn about something.
- Commitment: It is the willingness to work hard and give your energy and time to a job or activity.
- Self motivation: It is the ability to encourage oneself from the inside
- Accountability: A regular and punctual worker can prove to be accountable when put in position of authority.
- Consistency: It is the quality of always behaving in the same way or having the same standard.
- Promptness: It is acting without delay
Rewards for punctuality and Regularity
- It leads to high performance
- It leads to promotion
- It makes a person a better team player
- It makes a person to be devoted to his/her duties
Test and Exercise
- The direct opposite of right attitude to work is (a) correct attitude to work (b) ability to work (c) negative attitude to work (d) perfect attitude to work
- Negative attitude to work can lead to all the following except (a) development (b) stress (c) low productivity (d) depression
- The process of doing things in an arranged organized pattern (a) peculiarity (b) regularity (c) punctuality (d) sincerity
- ——————- is the Attitude involves feelings, values, beliefs and disposition that make individuals to act or behave in a certain way.
- Right attitude to work will bring about high productivity. True/false
For more on class notes, visit: https://passnownow.com/classwork-support/
I LOVE THE WAY IT WAS EXPLAINED