You’ve probably heard a lot of things from older, more experienced women about your period. You’ve heard stuff like your first period is your rite of passage into being a woman. Some people would talk about how much it sucks. Others would tell you how it’s super special. Everyone will discuss cramps, headaches, bloating, and pads.
But then there are the things people don’t say – the real stuff about your period that are not always discussed. The stuff you should actually know. Here are 10 things no one ever tells you about getting your period:
1. You’re either praying to get it or praying for it to go away. There is no in between (and you can’t help it that your uterus keeps refreshing itself as if it owns the place)
2. Whenever you are angry or upset, silly folks will assume you have your period.
3. You will be forced to resort to making a DIY pad like you’re in the 18th century because when you need a pad, there is never one in site.
4. It will literally always happen when you don’t want it to happen. That’s why constantly keeping some pads in your bag won’t be a bad idea
5. Periods make you REALLY hungry – They also give you weird cravings.
6. You can get pregnant on your period – Now you know
7. They are one of the best bonding tools ever – There is no better hot topic for girls than the misery of periods
8. Sneezing on your period is hell – More like a crime scene in your pants
9. No matter how careful you are, you will ruin at least one pair of underwear every single month. And you’ll also poop more while on your period
10. Sometimes it goes away and you think it’s gone, and then it comes back.