Call for Application: Grow with Sterling Scholarship
Driven by our purpose to enrich lives and promote the quality of education for the average Nigerian youth, Sterling Bank is introducing the “Grow with Sterling” initiative. Grow with Sterling is a social impact program that will enable Nigerian Secondary School Leavers to further their education under a special partnership arrangement between Sterling and Nexford University.
In a statement by the Chief Human Resources Officer of Sterling Bank PLC, Temi Dalley, noted that the program is part of the bank’s new-to-the-world opportunities for young Nigerians to access quality and education at an affordable cost while gaining cognate work experience.
As a first of its kind, this set of learners will also have the opportunity to be fully engaged by Sterling under a “Work-Study” arrangement for the duration of their program with Nexford University. Watch Sterling Bank’s MD/CEO, speak to a Nexford University audience about online education and employer needs.
The scholarship covers about 85 % of the tuition fees leaving the student with $12 / month. Listing other benefits, Temi Dalley added that learners would get complimentary access to enrolment on other learning platforms like LinkedIn amongst other things
Here are some basic tips to know before application
- The application form has to be filled in one session as you will not be able to stop and resume later. Please begin when you are ready to complete the full application.
- Be ready to provide a personal statement minimum of 150 words answering the question: “Why should you be considered for this scholarship?” Please ensure you prepare this statement ahead.
- Be ready to upload a valid means of ID (government-issued ID or passport), Secondary School Certificate and any other relevant certificates. Please make sure that you have these scans before you proceed.
- Be ready to answer about your Career Interests.
- Be ready to provide all your Educational Details. the Secondary School attended, year of attendance, year of graduation, (WAEC, NECO Results)
NB: This application should be filled under adult supervision.
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE