We often ignore our bodies while studying for exams. It is indeed important to spend the maximum amount of time studying, but you should also understand that an unhealthy body will not permit your brain to function well. The following are what you really have to do.
- Eat well: It is important to eat nutritious food at regular intervals to stay healthy. Eat a balanced diet which includes fruits, vegetables, calcium, minerals and vitamins. Include foods such as spinach and almond that are good for memory. If you are in the habit of studying late at night, make sure you keep eating snacks like nuts, granola bars and fruits while you are up.
- Get adequate sleep: Nothing can relax your mind better than a good night’s sleep. Sleep can make your memory function better, as it helps to boost long-term memory. Avoid studying late in the night. And if you just can’t do without it, plan your sleeping pattern. Related articles: UP All Night: Top 5 Reasons All Night Study Sessions Are A Horrible Ideas
- Drink lots of water: Drinking water is very important for maintaining your body’s equilibrium. Dehydration prevents can exhaust you. . After all, you can’t afford to fall ill during exams! Try to consume a minimum of eight glasses of water every day.
- Say no to caffeine and alcohol: Many students drink huge quantities of coffee to stay awake at night, but the caffeine present in coffee increases stress. Avoid caffeine, especially at night.
- Get regular exercise: It may not be possible to go to the gym when you are busy studying. However, you should take out half an hour a day to keep yourself fit. Moreover, it has been scientifically proven that exercise acts as a stress buster by releasing endorphins in the body.
- Keep in touch with loved ones: It is very important to stay in touch with your loved ones. Don’t ignore your friends during exams. Chatting with them can be a healthy change from your studies. Don’t isolate yourself as this will add to your anxiety.Find time to chill out and enjoy life even while preparing for an exam but not to the extreme.