SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Venereal Diseases are illnesses spread from one person to another through sexual contact.
TYPES OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
1. Gonorrhea – Is caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhea. Symptoms includes
- Itching and discharge from penis and vagina
- Painful urination
- Can cause Infertility
- If a pregnant woman has the disease, her child eyes will be affected at birth
2. Syphilis – This is caused by the bacterium treponema palladium. Symptoms and sign include
- Sores on the sex organs
- Fever, aches, rashes and hair loss.
- At latter stages, it affects the heart, eye and brain
- It can lead to insanity and death
(AIDS) ACQUIRED IMMUNE DEFICIENCY SYNDROME
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome is a spectrum of conditions caused by infection with the virus called human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
I. HOW HIV SPREADS
HIV is found in the blood and in thee sexual fluids (semen in men and viginal secretions in women). HIV is spread through…
Read more below-