Many teens, especially boys, feel pressure to have sex before they are fully grown. According to research released this week, some 63 percent of teens believe that waiting to have sex is a good idea, but few people actually do.
One in three boys ages 15-17 say they feel pressure to have sex, often from male friends. Teen girls feel less pressure–only 23 percent said they felt such coercion. Researchers questioned 1,854 subjects between the ages of 13 and 24 in a national survey.
The study, released by the Kaiser Family Foundation, also found that teens feel strong pressure to drink and try drugs. The study findings show a need for sex education at a young age, say the study authors.
A separate study released this week, sponsored by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, finds that one in five teens reported having sex before they were 18. One in seven sexually active 18-year-olds also said they have been pregnant.
From the foregoing paragraphs, it can be concluded that Parents should never depend only on Sex Education in their children’s schools. We are our children’s first teachers and the first lessons start at home.
Teenage girls are most affected in early sexual activity. No righteous parent(s) would want their daughter’s budding life and future be ruined by careless pregnancy, unskilled responsibilities, unwanted abortion, injury to family honour and self-respect.
6 Effects of Teen Sex on Mind and Body
1. Anxiety – When trust is broken towards the partner, the effects of anxiety can be dangerous. There is doubt, fear, tension, loss of appetite and could lead to depression and delinquent behaviour. Anxiety, stress and depression are the three evil moods that push a teen to conclude its life by a suicidal attempt if help comes too late. Elopement is not a strange thing either; it’s the product of over-strict rules sparking conflict between parents and child.
2. Stress – When stress is developed by constant nervousness, distress and worries of a young unhealthy relationship, it becomes a major emotional problem. Teens withdraw to social activities of being around friends or having friends. They become anti-social and get involved between a petty mistake and bigger crimes. Stress is also stressed out if there is that conflict of approval towards the young love relationship that would involve a parents’ decision from either side such as a history of family issues, social competition, religion, financial status (insecurities and conflict between the rich and the poor).
3. Mental Weakness – Parents express to their children only the best of dreams for their young lives. Early teen sexual activities could taint and damage the hopes and dreams of finishing their valuable education to prepare them for their future. School presence (missing classes and activities), class participation (day dreams in another world), doing what is prohibited and breaking school rules, and the loss of trust to education (the eagerness to work, to earn and to be able to spend for one another forgetting about the importance of studies).
4. Unpreparedness and Low-Self Esteem – Accidents happen because of ignorance, the neglect of proper discipline and the refusal of obedience. Unwanted pregnancy, unreadiness to act on mature responsibilities and denial to respond in the acceptance of its present reality do lead to the loss of love and trust towards family and the deficiency to appreciate self. Even the teen boy would feel that he has become a “failure”.
5. Love is Play – There is the lack of respect for oneself, one’s life and the annoying pride of one’s alter ego. It is easy and a common act for teens who demonstrate young love like they are acting a play. The role to keeping love secure, important and giving it care becomes casually lifeless in the form of comedy. It is becoming a fun thing to see and hurt others, play with sex on others that they do not give a care at all, and run from obligations because in the first place, it was just merely “love at play”.
6. Frightful Truth – Young immature love stays in the memory banks of the unprepared teens. By the time they become better individuals to produce and settle down to raise a family, they are still scarred all their lives of their young sexual behaviour in the past. It will haunt and fright them as parents to their very own young teens that their past irresponsible selves would mirror towards their children. It is good if these parents then could tell their teens- “Been there, done that. Don’t do it.”
Teen sex is the one thing followed by hard drugs that can destroy teens especially 13-19 years.Parents please, should pay more attention to their teenage children because their future is mostly determine by this particularly period of our lives.
Hi, I’m making a satirical drama film that revolves around pressures that males experience in high school. This is a topic that has never been explored in film before. I need help to fund it, so I am crowd funding on indiegogo, so please, check out the campaign, read about the film, and help make it happen. Any contribution/donation helps. But, hurry because the donations end on October 22nd. Here’s the link to the campaign: igg.me/at/boycodefilm