A constituted authority refers to the different forms of leadership established for the smooth running of a society. A constituted authority is expected to be obeyed for the smooth running and development of the organization.
Constituted authorities are those powers which the constitution of group of people has established to govern them, to cause their rights to be respected.
For instance in a university the group of constituted authority is the vice chancellor, the deputy vice chancellor the school registrar and other management staffs
Types of Constituted Authorities
- Traditional constituted authorities: Traditional constituted authority is based on the customs and traditions or culture of the people. The leaders are in charge of the local traditions and customs .Examples of traditional constituted authorities in Nigeria are: Alafin of Oyo, the sultan of sokoto, the obi of umaiah
Functions of the Traditional Constituted Authority.
- They are the chief priests or heads of traditional ceremonies.
- They help the government to educate their people on the need for cooperation with the government.
- They help the local government to maintain law and order in local communities.
- They take charge of local traditions.
Functions of Religious Constituted Authority
- They help to maintain peace and orderliness in their different groups.
- They attend to the spiritual needs of their members
- They act as intermediaries between God and their followers.
- They help in educating their members on various Government policies.
Government constituted Authorities: These are leaders who have the Constitutional backing to rule the people. They are leaders of Government. E.g the presidents, the governors, the ministers etc.
Functions of Government Constituted Authority.
- They provide social amenities like water, electricity, etc for the people.
- They protect the citizens against internal and external attack
- They make Law and Execute them
- They promote national unity
- They respect the dignity of individual
- They protect the right of individual in the country
Organizational constituted authorities: These are leaders of business organizations, clubs political parties or social gatherings.
Functions of Organizational Constituted Authority.
- They cater for the interest of their members
- They make decision and policies for their members
- They protect the right of their members
- They represent their organizations in any relevant event in the society.
Test and Exercise.
- ———– is refers to the different forms of leadership established for the smooth running of the society.(a)unconstituted authority (b)constituted power (c)constituted authorities (d)non of the above.
- The constituted authorities based on the customs and traditions of the people is (a)religious constituted authority (b)Government constituted authority (c)organizational constituted authority (d)traditional constituted authority.
- All of these are types of constituted authorities except (a)government (b)religious (c)environmental (d)organizational.
- The constituted authority that attends to the spiritual needs of his followers is (a)religious (b)Organizational (c)Government (d)traditional.
- The bank manager, the rotary club leader are examples of (a)government constituted authority (b)religious constituted authority (c)organizational constituted authority (d)traditional constituted authority.
For more notes; see: https://passnownow.com/classwork-support/
I appreciate d note DAT I saw if not DAT our civic teacher will beat me thanks
Comment…thank u sooo much for the note and God less u
Thanks very much
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING
God bless u