Thirteen students of Ogba Junior Grammar School, Ogba, Ojodu Local Council Development Area, LCDA, fainted as a result of inhaling an unidentified poisonous fumes coming from the nearby cottage factory in Ogba Shopping Arcade.

This incident took place just a few months after students of the same school collapsed after inhaling an unidentified chemical waste discharged into drainage by a Photo Laboratory, also located in the Shopping Arcade.

Vanguard correspondent, who visited the scene, saw the terrified parents rushing to the school to verify their children’s condition. 

The incidents was said to have occurred at about 12:40 pm while the students were still in their classes.

The emergency bodies officials immediately headed to the scene to enable medical assistance for the victims. 

It has been learnt that one of the students is in critical condition at the Intensive Care Unit.

One of the traders, who was outside waiting for someone, narrates:

“Suddenly, me and my friends, who were standing beside me, inhaled the chemical immediately it was discharged. It maybe from the complex or outside since this is an industrial area. Immediately, I developed difficulty in breathing. At this moment, I am still struggling to breath.”

We gathered that the victims are responding well to the treatment. However, the school has been shut indefinitely.